1. What are the admission procedures for international students? What are the terms and conditions? When can the international students apply?
All necessary information can be found on our website (www.oid.hacettepe.edu.tr). Students who meet the requirements may apply to Hacettepe University. Placement results are announced over the Internet. The admission period usually begins mid-May. The application and admission deadlines are announced on the university website.
2. What is the language of instruction at Hacettepe University?
The language of instruction is Turkish, except for faculties/departments that offer education in English, French, or German. A list of departments offering education in languages other than Turkish can be found here: www.hacettepe.edu.tr
3. What are the accommodation options at Hacettepe University?
Detailed information can be found here: www.barinma.hacettepe.edu.tr
4. What are the tuition and fees?
The tuition and fees vary by faculty/department. Please check the following link for more information: www.oid.hacettepe.edu.tr
6. Can international students benefit from international exchange programs?
Yes, international students can benefit from international exchange programs. Hacettepe University has a wide range of bilateral agreements and study-abroad programs. Detailed information can be found here: www.abofisi.hacettepe.edu.tr
7. Is a residency permit needed to stay in Turkey? Do international students need health insurance?
A specific document (residency permit) must be obtained from Ankara Emniyet Müdürlüğü/Yabancılar Şube Müdürlüğü. An international student must apply for this document within one month after arrival.
General health insurance allows international students access to health services in Turkey.